G3 doesn't see Epson inkjet on ethernet anymore

S

Sparkys44

I had to re-build my G3 after installing an additional 80gb internal HD. Before this happened I was happily printing to my Epson 850ne via an ethernet hub, but now since I have installed all new system software and got everything else to work I tried to add a printer to the list and the machine refuses to see it out there. I know it's probably something stupid I'm not doing but I'm having complete brain freeze.

Set up:
G3 (G4-500 via Sonnet CPU) 648mb RAM, OS X (10.2.8) Asanté 5 port ethernet hub (Road Runner) and the Epson 850ne

I've checked all the cables, shut down, started Epson first then booted Even re-installed the software into Classic hoping that would help but the Print Center just can't see the printer! :D Ive tried Apple Talk network Epson Apple Talk IP printing, etc, it's just not there.

Edit (2/22/05): I have contacted Epson and downloaded a utility that allowed me to change the IP address of the Epson. The utiility sees the printer, I can "ping it" succesfully and add it to the Printer list in OS X/ When I try to print a document the printer says "Printing 10%, 20, 37% etc." then I get the "Printing Stopped" and thats it. The file is not deleted but it won't print. I try to start printing, and it says "Attmpting to connect to Printer............ " and just sits there with the status bar going but nothing else happens. I let it go for an hour once but it was hopeless.
I can print from Classic in any application to the Epson but for some reason the OS X just won't print.
PLEASE HELP :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.