Get rid of instore demo

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a macbook air with the instore demo still active. Anyone no how to delete it?
As it keeps going into demo mode as soon as I leave the comp for a few secs, then losses everything stored in the memory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm assuming you got a floor model? If so, then I would recommend doing a fresh install from the recovery discs to wipe everything from the machine. Who knows what sort of stuff people might have put on there while they were using it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Back up everything you have installed plus your user folders.
Put in Disc 1 which came with your Mac ~ restart your Mac and the option to restore to factory settings will be there on the disc. Simple setting for all the widows using shop assistants :)
It should have been done before you took it home.

OP
M
Reaction score
need to permently delete Kiosk

I have a ex-demo macbook-air and every time i turn off the computer it re-boots using Apple administrator, even though I have deleted the application and deleted apple as an administrator.
So therefor reboots and kiosk starts up again.. And all new work and new applications are lost..

I cant upgrade at the moment for my new iphone as the itunes is the wrong addition.

Cant take it back to the store/reseller as they have gone bust!!!

Please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Do an erase & install from the system discs that came with it...

- Insert disc
- turn on mac and hold down 'c'
- Follow stets on screen, choose option or customize at some point and select "erase & install"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Merged crossposts

OP
M
Reaction score
Cheers guys.
Problem is I have the macbook air and has no internal disk drive. Can you link it with another comp and still re-boot from start-up even though kiosk will come up?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.