alternatives to itrip

Reaction score
so i got the black itrip for my ipod today. this thing sucks, i'm very disappointed.

do you guys have any other suggestions of good fm transmitters for the ipod?

Reaction score
there's a model by belkin that you can get that works great. as far as a wireless transmitter, it's the best route to go. however, it will set you back $89.99.

you can also get an ipod usb installed directly into your stereo system for pretty cheap, and the sound quality is unmatched by any transmitter. it'll also charge your ipod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
I personally use a cassette adapter in my car, it is MUCH better that an FM transmitter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
My recommendation, seriously, is to -- if you have a cassette player in your car -- go with TheInvsbleMan's opinion, or if you don't, then invest a few bucks in a car stereo that has RCA inputs (or even an iPod dock). You can usually find some good ones on sale at Best Buy for maybe thirty or forty bucks more than you'd pay for a transmitter. Worth it, if you ask me, as you won't get the unpredictable transmission quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.66ghz i5 27" 4gb
Griffin Roadtrip. Brilliant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.