Internet in bootcamp keeps disconnecting after about every 10 minutes

Reaction score
I'm using bootcamp to play my online game, but after about every 10 minutes, the internet disconnects and it says, "limited or no connectivity". I have to disconnect and reconnect to get another 10 minutes of internet. it's very annoying, please help me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Can you provide any more details. E.g. are you connected via ethernet cable, wireless, USB direct to modem...?

OP
Y
Reaction score
I'm connected wirelessly to a verizon modem. Distance isn't a problem because it's in the same room as me. And I don't have trouble when I'm not in bootcamp. And My dad has a pc, and he doesn't have trouble, so I don't think it's a problem with the modem.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Yay! I got it working! I guy told me how fix it by doing this:

1. Open your browser and clean all cache and temp files.
2. Go to Start->Run. Type "prefetch" and press enter. It will open a folder. Delete all files within it.
3. Go to Start->Run. Type "%temp%" and press enter. It will open a folder. Delete all files within it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.