• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

please help!

Reaction score
i have a panasonic hdc-sd9 camcorder with hd card memory. i am trying to download movies and i movie 08 on my macbook will only import the 2 sample clips that came on my camcorder. please help thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
are my clips not the same format as samples? are my clips too long? do they need converting? please help me thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
How are you trying to download the movies. See the iLife iMovie tutorials for how it is done.

phxazmacaddict did some successful tests with this camera. He also has some other information here.

You might try searching the forum for other mentions of this camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.2Ghz and 2 G4 550Mhz Pismos
I have no idea how to help you with your problem, but I do have a suggestion.
You might want to use a more descriptive title than "Please Help!" in order to get more responses related to your specific problem.

Good luck with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You might want to use a more descriptive title than "Please Help!" in order to get more responses related to your specific problem.

How true. I normally try to ignore generic subject lines.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks, im new to posting. i will post more in detail from now on. when i plug in usb to imovie 08,the mac will recognize it and automatically brings up two thumbnails. the problem is i have 104 more thumbnails that the mac doesnt seem to find. the thumbnails it brings up are samples that came on camera from panasonic. i can watch thumbnils on camera but i cannot find them on mac. i really appreciate everyones help,this is driving me crazy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.