antivirus

K

kabwon

which software package would you guys rate as the best antivirus for mac OS X 10.3 (panther) ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
there are no viruses on mac, so software is unneccessary unless youre networked with pc's. but if you need one, norton products will destroy your mac , use intego virusbarrier or virex.

Reaction score
I just did a search for this subject on here after reading about Intego VirusBarrier X4 I was wondering the same thing just thought I would add this from Apple
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...408hX2tNs6kM1KQvy2ik/1.0.19.1.0.8.25.7.11.0.3
Not to bad of a price either. Your ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't, so why not air on the side of caution. ;)
Last week My computer just went black.I lost everything, speaking with Apple about it they said I should get something but they hesitated to say what brand, I kind of felt like they were trying to tell me be careful there is something out there but I really don't think they want to start a panic lol Something wiped out my hard drive and I needed to do a reinstall. But at first it would not recognize Tiger It kept saying Classic is having trouble, (really weird) because Classic was never installed on this computer. I had to start with Panther to get it back to Tiger. Apple Care was simple at a lost to figure out what happened. I'll never know why it happened but it is kind of a coincidence with this topic and all in the head lines.
This is a very informative read also http://www.macworld.com/2005/02/reviews/antivirussoftware/index.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I am using Intego Virusbarrier X4 and I think it is great. If you want some further info. about some other AV software click here .

kabwon said:
which software package would you guys rate as the best antivirus for mac OS X 10.3 (panther) ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.