macbook pro for music production

Reaction score
In september this year im going to be going to university to do music production and will be buying a macbook pro soon to use for the course. I just wondered if the 2.4ghz version will be good enough to last around 4 years of university whilst recording and producing music? ill also use it as a general computer so like, talking to friends online, browsing web and watching movies etc. thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
Hey KazPed,

2.4GHz is going to be a very decent speed to last you throughout your education. But you say you're going to be doing music production.

Why not go with the 2.4GHz MacBook? With the money saved you could upgrade the RAM from 2GB to 4GB to really give your computer a boost in performance and maybe even have some left over to upgrade your Hard Drive! You'll lose the two inches of screen space but if you're going to be working on long tracks where you'll need a lot of screen space I'd recommend hooking it up to an external monitor anyway.

Your University Student Discount is also going to save you a lot of money and if you have the cash aside now for a MacBook Pro I'd really suggest saving a little bit more and going for the 24inch LED Display to hook your laptop up when you go back to your apartment/house or dorm room.

Hope I have been of some help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.