Dwell Click / Auto Click software for RSI/carpal tunnel syndrome

Reaction score
Is there a free dwell clicking app for the Mac?

In case you are not familiar with this software, it clicks the mouse whenever the mouse cursor stops moving ("dwells" at a point on the screen) - usually for about 5 tenths of a second.

I have used the MouseTool app on the PC to avoid clicking, which aggravates my RSI/carpal tunnel syndrome. So I wanted to use something similar on the Mac and am surprised to find so few choices.

What I have found are two apps: ClickNoMo and McNib which seem to do the job but neither are free.

I was hoping someone knows of a free/open source alternative. It should be such a simple tool to create, I may try to create one myself and release it for free if I can't find an existing one. GMouseTool exists for POSIX operating systems but I am not sure if it's possible/easy to compile it and get it to work on Leopard.

Using Automator won't work because, as far as I know, there is no way to indicate that you want a particular command to only execute when the mouse stops moving.

Perhaps I could create a simple AppleScript to do this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.