G4 won't wake up!

Reaction score
My G4 was in sleep mode on Monday morning. When I tried to wake it up, nothing happened. I noticed my opti mouse and keyboard were not working. Restarted the computer. It made the usual song, then nothing. Monitors were on, but the screens were black, no keyboard or mouse either. Tried many times to restart it, but always the same result. Someone suggested it was a bad logic board. Is there some way to test it? It was working fine the day before. We were out Sunday night and when we returned I noticed the clocks were 15 minutes off. Must of had a brown out or complete power failure at some point. Could a brown out have caused my computer to die? It is on a power strip. Any help would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A power strip offers no protection whatsoever for power glitches or brownouts. Whether or not the brownout caused the problem, your guess is as good as anyone's.

Try resetting the PRAM, NVRAM, and SMC. (See Apple KB for the G4)

Also, this site has some great trouble shooting tips:

Mac Troubleshooting, Maintenance & Tips

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.