Best native RSS reader for the macs?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which is the best RSS reader for mac? Im currently using google reader but im finding that I dont enjoy that it is a webapp because it is tough to see when it updates and im also noticing even worse that it is not updating promptly.

Im willing to pay if it means getting a superior quality product.

on a side note: is webkit the best browser to use? i actually started using it and think its better than firefox, but i dont know what else is out there i could try

OP
T
Reaction score
this is nice but it seems like the most often it will update is every 30 minutes.. im looking for something that updates as often as possible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I've used a lot of them and I like Google Reader the most. Most all of them, you can give it a certain amount of time it will update, even on a per subscription basis, but they will also obey the rules on the subscription. For example most subscriptions will only push updates to your reader every 30 minutes or so, to reduce the load on the feed's server. I use to use Pulpfiction so you might want to check it out.. i think they have a light version, although Im not even sure they support their products anymore. I still like Google Reader the most just because it untethers me, I can check from all computers and any computers :)

OP
T
Reaction score
im wondering if its the feeds im using rather than the readers that are the problem

does anyone else use the RSS feed of MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com and riveraveblues.com?

i feel like these two sitesarent updating properly on my feeds even if i manually refresh

i deleted the subscription and readded it and they updated but i feel like this is gonna happen again sooner or later.. i dont get whats going on, google reader was doing this to me too

edit 2: well that didnt take long, the very next update on the site wouldnt come unless i deleted and readded the site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB DDR3, 160 + 320GB HDD, Gforce 9400m - iPhone 8GB 2.2 T-Mobile
I just use Apple Mail. Seems to work well enough for me. You can even have the feeds appear in your Inbox although I prefer them to be seperate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ok I took a look at the feed and it looks like it only updates every hour or more. It says the last build date was 1am -0600 and right now it is 2am -0600 so the new feed has not been updated for at least an hour. I refreshed after the hour mark and it still shows the last build date as the same.. so it might take a lot longer until it actually updates.

you can look at the actual xml file by going here:

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Look at the source and you'll see the tag: lastBuildDate

That's the last time the feed has been updated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.