Problem with Opera (9.52 and above) - time lags

Reaction score
Hi,

I usually use Opera as web browser on my Mac (10.5.6). But I have a certain problem with any version of it newer than Opera 9.51: After installing it on my system, every website I open for the *first* time needs up to 10 seconds before it starts loading. If I had opened the website one time, browsing on the same site is absolutely fast (as it should be and as it is with Opera 9.51 every time). It feels like Opera's new versions need to have sth. like a "first contact" to every server I hadn't visited before which takes very long before I can surf on the site in regular speed.

After deleting the new version (I've tried a few of them, including the actual 9.63) and going back to Opera 9.51 the problem is gone.

First I thought that must be a popular bug and they are going to fix it shortly. But none of the new versions since 9.51 solved the problem, am I the only one who has it?

webbi

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Would check with their forums also. Am a long time fan of Opera. Have not experienced that issue myself. Currently using the new Opera 10.0 Alpha 1. Maybe give it a try.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I just posted the issue on the Opera board.

But I've also installed the Opera 10.0 Alpha 1 as you said and I must say I'm very happy with it, it's very fast and impressive! Is there any problem with using it as long as it is an Alpha? (It hadn't adopt my bookmarks and stuff, but I've imported them manually and I'm still typing in all my passwords... Hope I can update this Alpha-thing as well as a regular version when they release it? I wonder if I have to type in anyhting again then)

Regards
webbi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.