• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Wii, Xbox, or PS3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
I think what is a part of the Wii greatest part and weakest part, is that Nintendo wants to have full control over what is released for their system. So that prohibits big developers and littler ones alike. But parents like that they can control what there children play.

I'm not sure that's true anymore. If there aren't any adult-oriented games, it's because developers don't think they'd do well, not because Nintendo censors them. That was back in the SNES days.

In fact, if anything, Nintendo isn't exerting enough control over the games that get released, judging by the number of really, really terrible games for the Wii. I'm not talking about ones that were somewhat disappointing, I mean really awful, atrocious games like Anubis II or Ninjabread Man. Such games shouldn't even get made.

OP
blackmac11
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
I'm not sure that's true anymore. If there aren't any adult-oriented games, it's because developers don't think they'd do well, not because Nintendo censors them. That was back in the SNES days.

In fact, if anything, Nintendo isn't exerting enough control over the games that get released, judging by the number of really, really terrible games for the Wii. I'm not talking about ones that were somewhat disappointing, I mean really awful, atrocious games like Anubis II or Ninjabread Man. Such games shouldn't even get made.

I completely agree with both of you, games have always been the major downfall for the wii. You just have to do a little research and make sure you aren't buying a desperate ploy for money from a crappy third party:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
You know, after owning both a 360 and a PS3 I'm starting to develop a little bias... well I guess you can say 'preference'... towards the PS3.
I've gone through 2 Xbox 360's because of that red ring of death affair. I eventually had to dish out $450 bucks for the 'Elite' thinking I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Apparently Microsoft is still having issues with their console.
I digressed.

The internet router and modem is in the basement of the home I'm currently living in. Since I am a student renting one of the rooms, I can't move all my stuff down and invade my host family's home. With the PS3, I didn't have to worry about a thing since it has blue tooth and wi fi built in. If I got the 360 wireless adapter, that means I would've spent a total of $550 on the console.

Gameplay wise, I have to say that both consoles are great. I love playing FPS on the 360 because the controller is more tuned for that style of gameplay. Honestly though, I only played COD4 and Rainbow SIx Vegas 2 extensively on the 360.

I only have MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet on the PS3. I've been using it more as a DVD player and the upscaling is really good. Blu Ray is also a plus. Wall E and the Dark Knight are two reasons to get Blu Ray.

Can't say too much about the Wii. I only played it a couple of times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
I have a wii and a DS lite. DS lite is more for communication (pictochat) and I use wii for actual gaming. I also have an R4DS that I use for playing homebrew DS games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
We have all three in our house (and actually, 2 360s). We're both heavy gamers and Xbox Live is the best, IMO. What you pay for is what you get and since PSN is free.....well, you get my point. Xbox Live isn't even that expensive: $50 for a year. That's little more than $4/month.

The PS3 was an "investment" purchase (as much as any piece of technology CAN be). It was purchased mostly for the BluRay ability, as we hadn't gotten one yet. I think we own maybe 3 games for it and half a dozen movies at best. I don't think it's been turned on in more than 4 months.

The Wii is good for parties, especially when they involve beer. :)

Reaction score
I prefer the ps3 to stream videos from my pc to the lcd tv. Xbox 360 has better games though all around and a more attractive price and the wii has a few games but if I didn't have wiifit and mario kart and zelda it would be useless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.