Where to buy a MacBookPro?

Reaction score
Hello,
i would like to buy a MacBook Pro and i live is Italy.
I'm going to Boston in 2 weeks and i would like to know where is the best place to buy my new Mac between the following options (considering also the warrany):

1) In Italy at a normal Shop
2) In internet on Apple on Apple Store
3) In a shop in USA

In case of the third choice, how much does it cost to change the keyboard from english to italian?

Thanks you in advance.
Jack

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you buy an Apple computer while in the US, you'll probably have to pay VAT and other taxes on return to Italy. But then again, since the Euro is doing well against the US dollar, it may be worthwhile to go that route. You'll just have to add up the numbers.

As for the Italian keyboard versus an English keyboard, if you buy a MBP in the US, it will be equipped with a US English keyboard. It may be possible to buy one in the US with an Italian keyboard? I just don't know.

It's always better to buy a computer in person if possible rather than ordering it. No surprises that way.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
I'm from Italy as well and I remember looking for apple stores last time I was in rome. (for fun mostly)

Go to the news stand and pick up a copy of Applicando, it had a bunch of adds for apple shops in Italy. In my experience, you can typically find a few in major cities (Roma, Milano, Torino, etc.).

For the pro I would recommend you buy it there so that you'll have the italian keyboard. It's not very easy to find macbook pro (or macbook for that matter) keyboard that's not US formatted here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.