itunes wont download podcasts due to network privileges works ok for other account

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone help with a frustrating problem. Recently moved to an imac and set up my itunes library in public folder of my (the admin) account. My wife also has account pointing at the same library. Set podcasts to download on my wifes account, and they download and correctly appear in the shared folder. However, when i attempt to download podcasts from my account's itunes I get the error message "you do not have enough access privileges". On getinfo all the folder permissions look fine in the public folder- read and write for everyone.
I find I can download other stuff ok from the store - eg tv shows - but it doesnt want me to do podcasts.
I have made sure that itunes is not open on my wife's account when i open from mine. But have not found a way to crack it

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.