• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Pro Problem Exporting to Windows Media (WMV)

Reaction score
For some unknown reason when I try to export a movie sequence as a WMV file by using 'Quicktime Conversion' IT ONLY RENDERS THE FIRST 30 SECONDS of the sequence! I have never run across this kind of problem before. I changed the settings of the clip several times and even went back to the default settings but that doesn't help at all. Does anyone know how to successfully export directly from FCP to Windows Media (WMV) ?

I have Final Cut Pro 6.0.5

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
You need to purchase Flip4Mac. Go to System Preferences > Flip4Mac (Green Blob with WMV on it) > Upgrade and click the upgrade license button. With the free version you can only play files.

You can also try an mp4 which will play on pretty much everything, unless there's a reason you absolutely need a WMV file.

OP
M
Reaction score
I ended up buying the full version of Flip4Mac Studio Pro for $99. That did the trick! It now exports files perfectly from FCP! Thanks for the info!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.