Torrents

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I am trying to set up a torrent client. I have tried utorrent, bittorrent and then was informed that Transmission was much better for Macs. I have had no success with any of them at all - it's as if I'm the only person connected at any time?! I tried to test by downloading small files (2MB) with plenty of seeders and leaving the Mac on / connected for 24 hours. Nothing at all. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the software and I have never had this problem with the likes of Limewire.

I guess it's me being a fol somewhere along the line, but it's really starting to get to me now! If anyone has any suggestions I'd be REALLY grateful!

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB DDR3, 160 + 320GB HDD, Gforce 9400m - iPhone 8GB 2.2 T-Mobile
Check your mac firewall and router firewall are not blocking the required ports (go to prefs in Transmission and there will be an option to test). I have found Transmission to be the best client as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Check your firewall settings and for the most part it is the router does not have that port open. I like utorrent better than transmission but thats me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.