Screen Size Transition From MacBook Pro

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading from a first generation MacBook pro, to the current MacBook. The only thing I'm hesitant about is the difference in screen size, I'm afraid the smaller size could get on my nerves.

Does anyone have any advice?

(Preferably anyone who has made a similar transition)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Is it difficult to test this out yourself? IE. go to the Apple/Best Buy store and test it out?

I have both and screen size does make a difference for things when I'm working or watching a movie. For stuff like web browsing, IMing, and word processing it's not much of an issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
really depends on your work and how much you need to see at once

it's always nicer to have a bigger screen for say programming or photo editing, although i have worked at small resolution with images and you can manage ...

I agree with Crimson, for IMing and web you won't know the difference, it's actually more convenient since you can carry it around a bit more easily :)

also note that the new MacBook has a glossy screen, for some people that's a real issue, but I'm sure that has been discussed at length elsewhere

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
I have a hard time with my work Macbook compared to my home Macbook Pro. I usually keep the work machine plugged into one of my external lcds.

I personally don't think its worth upgrading from your pro, if anything save up a bit more and get a new 15".

just my 2 cents

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.