Installing 10.5

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to make a plunge and install 10.5 on my G4 Tower still happily running 10.3.9. I was wondering can I install it directly or must I install 10.4 first?

Also another quick question is carbon copy or any other disk-cloner compatible with OS10.3? I downloaded Carbon copy 3.1.3 from version tracker and even thought it said compatible with 10.3 I could not get it to open.

Thanks again

chelo

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In order to use CCC with Panther, download the older version. (look at bottom of the page - refer to the link below) Version 3.X only works with Tiger and Leopard.

Bombich Software: Carbon Copy Cloner

And yes, you can directly install Leopard (clean) without having to install Tiger first.

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks you so much for the link and I will return as soon as I have sucessfully installed 10.5 I am sure with other questions.
Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.