Memory Upgrade Crucial or Apple?

Reaction score
Just a quick question, Crucial has 4GB of RAM for my MB for around $44.00

Apple web site says an upgrade is $300??

Will non Apple RAM void the warranty and is there something special about the RAM from Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yes, Apple ram is overpriced (and probably Samsung right now to be honest anyway). No non-Apple RAM does not void the warranty (cept for the RAM, because well.. Apple didn't sell it). No, there is nothing special about the RAM from Apple.. they simply buy if from one of many suppliers...

OP
mandingo
Reaction score
yes, Apple ram is overpriced (and probably Samsung right now to be honest anyway). No non-Apple RAM does not void the warranty (cept for the RAM, because well.. Apple didn't sell it). No, there is nothing special about the RAM from Apple.. they simply buy if from one of many suppliers...

Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like I am going to 4GB!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 250GB 4GB RAM
I actually fitted 4GB of Crucial RAM last night and have so far had no problems.

Reaction score
I put 4gb of Crucial in my Imac before I had even fired it for the first time (3 weeks ago) - working absolutely fine

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
As soon as I took delivery of my MBP, I replaced the two 1GB modules with two 2GB Crucial modules. No problems - and if I ever did, there's a lifetime warranty on them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
The only problem is they will ask if you bring it in the first thing they do if your computer is acting up is take out 3rd party ram. They will give it back to you in a static bag before they take it in to repair and let you put it back...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Does anyone have a link to where I could get the Crucial RAM?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.