Ibook & Powerbook bends

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I have noticed that both Ibook and Powerbook after awhile have their screens begin to warp. Not all but there are a few that do. I have a month old Ibook G4 and my screen has begun to warp and my aunt has a year old Powerbook and her monitor to has began to warp so its not just the Ibook that warps.

T

TKEik683

do you think that you could post apic of this? is this similar to the other post, or is it warped when the li is closed?

my 1.5 week old ibook seems to have a slight bend when it is closed, but nothing around the screen when it is open. (like that other post)

thanks
dave

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
You can really only tell on mine when I have it closed. Doesnt lie flat like the other.

M

meltbanana314

oldnews said:
my aunt has a year old Powerbook and her monitor to has began to warp so its not just the Ibook that warps.

****. I specifically bought a PowerBook to avoid all that...

J

jbsengineer

meltbanana314 said:
****. I specifically bought a PowerBook to avoid all that...

i doubt it's a large problem with the powerbooks. the hinge is a completely different design than the ibook. and it's doesn't take hulk hogan to open up the powerbook.

Josh

S

stevieb

Is this causing any problems though? Mine seems to be starting to bend a bit, but I don't really care unless it causes a performance problem...

J

jbsengineer

stevieb said:
Is this causing any problems though? Mine seems to be starting to bend a bit, but I don't really care unless it causes a performance problem...

as far as i know it's purely cosmetical...except for the very very rare extreme cases.

S

stevieb

Thats what I thought. It still sucks, but I can barly notice mine, so I'm not all that worried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
can anyone post pics of this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.