Problem When Running Final Cut Pro 5..please Help!

Reaction score
I have a PowerMac G4 MDD with dual 867 MHz processors.

When I run playback of video with sound after 2 seconds I receive this error message:

"Warning-Dropped Frames

One or more frames were dropped during playback

If this occurs frequently, try:
-turning off "Unlimited RT"
-Lowering your compression data rate
-closing open sequences
-Lowering the preference for real time audio tracks
-Increasingthe speed of your system and/or disk drives and/or network connection.

RT Extreme has determined these dropped frames were caused by slow disks. Please try:
-Increasing the speed of your disks
-Decreasing the number of RT layers
-Limiting your RT bandwidth in User Preferences.
"

Now that being said, I dont think it is my hard drive because I've tried running playback of footage saved on 3 different hard drives - 2 internal (60gb and 500gb 7200rpm) and 1 external 160gb hard drive (7200rpm as well) connected thru firewire. I also have 2gb or RAM so I know that's not the problem.

Also, when I run playback of video and audio individually I dont receive this message, but when I run the video along with the sound I want in the film it gives me the message.

I dont think its my hard drives or my cpu's that are too slow. So I'm thinking that my problem is I need a better video card but I'm not sure if that is correct. Right now im running the original video card that came with the mac - GeForce4 MX with 32mb of Vram.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can someone please help??!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.