alternatives to burning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
ok so I need to burn a bootable .nrg disk image

from my understanding nero files are windows only, so any1 got any experience with burning/converting these files??

I googled and found something called nrg2iso which should convert my image to iso format, any other options you guys have used and are satisfied with??

as for burning iso files I just use "hdiutil burn imageName.iso" in the terminal, strangely I don't know what Mac utility burns files :D :D open to suggestion there too :) :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I really have not done much with .nrg's on OSX. I use Nero on my Windows machines and love Nero. That nrg2iso sounds interesting. Let us know if it works.

On the burning part you can open Disk Utility and mount the ISO and burn from there, but if you are looking for a Nero type application for OSX, there is Burn which is free and Roxio Toast that is very much like Nero for OSX. Costs about as much also! :D

OP
scathe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
ok tried nrg2iso ... the program itself works as in completing without errors (in terminal of course) but the final iso file i got from my nrg was unmountable by Disk Utility so I didn't bother with burning ... needed the image burnt fast so I just used windows and a nero trial to burn ... don't laugh please :D

but it is at least simple to use :D just type nrg2iso ngrfile isofile and it does it for you ... but you need Darwin Ports installed to use this, so that might be a bit of a pain for some1 not used to terminal so much

just a comment, DarwinPorts is MacPorts in OSX and you also need Apple's Xcode to install, which at first I overlooked (just a comment in case some1 googles or something)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.