Resetting and Starting New- How Will Time Machine Work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
I've become unfamiliar with Macs in the last few months, unfortunately, so here's the deal: I split my hard drive equally to install Windows on one half and leave OSX on the other half. However, I almost never use Windows and I am starting to run out of space on the OSX partition. OSX is also starting to run slower and it just feels like it needs to be "freshened." I want to start fresh and make a smaller Windows partition (I know how to use Boot Camp, no issue). I was just wondering what all will be restored to OSX when I restore with Time Machine? Will it put back all of my settings, programs, internet history, etc?

2nd thing: How would I go about "resetting" my computer like this?

Anything else I should know about?

Thanks in advance!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can re-size your Boot Camp partition without reformatting or reinstalling OS X. Download the free Camp Tune preview software from Paragon.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.