• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gmail question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3" 2.4 Ghz Stock
Just signed up for Gmail today and my question is.....I need a sub-category to keep emails in that have important info but I dont want to keep them with all the other emails.....how to do this???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
If you use Gmail pop with Apples mail you can make as many mailboxes as you wish.
You can set up labels in Gmail itself to keep mail in groups if you use website access only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
On the left side of the screen is a menu that says "labels" click on edit labels. Then type in a name for the folder and you are set. Then to add to the folder simply check one of the emails and click the drop down menu that says "more options" on the top of the page. Then click the name of the folder you want it to go in. You can then find the emails by clicking the name of the "label" on the left side of your screen. Hope that helped but if thats not what you need pm me and ill see if I can help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.