Diablo 2 installation problems

Reaction score
I have a Powerbook G4 (1 Ghz PowerPc G4), with a ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 for video card and my Mac OS X version is 10.5.6.

I bought Diablo 2 yesterday, I tried to install it and has most of you know there a problem with the "classic environment" I went to Blizzard site and I downloaded the Diablo 2 installer for Mac Os X (native installer).

I tried to install again Diablo 2 with the native installer but nothing happen, not true, the icon bounce in my dock, they ask me two times if i want to open the installer, I click open two times and after I ear the sound but no image.

I send a message to Blizzard support explaining my problem and I received today a message from Blizzard telling me there is a Mac OS X installer.

So before I return the game, Is there anyone who could help me ???

I Know some said the problem is the 256 color but in my system preferences in display the 256 color is there but in gray, I can't click on it and someone told me its because the program choose the color when it run.

So anyone have any clue, is it the Native installer the problem or my Mac ??

Please help me !!! I really want to play Diablo 2 !!!

Thanks

APL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB mem 320GB HD
Did you ever get an answer? I want to buy that game also. I hope it works for you. Please PM me or let me know.

Reaction score
Never worked for me either, man. Only when I tried to open the game, it kept telling me the application closed due to an error. I'm not sure why you can't click on it, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Try going to Blizzard Store and then making an account. Then in your account preferences, register the game's CD key. You will then be able to download an everything-included installer for the game from blizzard. It's possible that the installer there is more recent and doesn't have the problems you're experiencing. Also, the 256-color problem was already fixed in an earlier version of Leopard, so don't worry about that. One more less extreme thing to try: Since you're hearing the sound but not seeing a window, make sure that there are no other windows open when you use the installer. It could be that it's just behind some larger window you have open. Additionally, turn off Spaces. It's possible some bug is making the installer window appear on a different space than the one you're using.

OP
S
Reaction score
NEW DEVELOPMENT !!!

I received an e-mail from Blizzard support, they asked me to send them a detailed description of my problem and a copy of my system profiler, screenshot of the problem and a copy of my system log file.

After, I send everything they asked me, I received an other e-mail from them but this time it was a customer satisfaction survey. I am waiting before answering the survey to see if I gonna have an answer to my problem.

The good news is they looking at my problem... I hope

For now, I'm downloading the game just like Discerptor write.

I'll write later to let you know what happen !

and thanks everyone !!

Reaction score
NEW DEVELOPMENT !!!

For now, I'm downloading the game just like Discerptor write.

Did that work? I also recently bought Diablo II and can not get it to run. I am using the same computer as you and it crashes evertime I start it. I have installed 4 times and have tried everything on the blizzard site but nothing has help...

OP
S
Reaction score
GOOD NEWS !!!

I opened a store account on the Blizzard site and I downloaded the game and the expansion set. I had no problem installed the game and the expansion and I had no problem when I play, for the moment !

Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to try that on my Macbook

I bought the game in october out of nostalgia and was disappointed to see it did not work on post OS X 10.3

This would definately make my 11 hour train ride in 2 weeks much more enjoyable :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.