airport trouble, please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBook Pro.
Hi,

I came home this week to find my connection was down. The only way to get it back up was to buy a new wireless router. Ok so net is back online and working fine. My airport express is not. I totally took it out of the loop as the lighs where going through the start up sequence over and over( 1sec green, solid amber then flashing). Now i have the wireless router i dont need it for my netwrk but i would like to plug it in and use it for my printer and hifi. Anyone know whats wrong with it or who i can fix it. Its driving me crazy ive tryed loads of stuff but nothing.

Cheers K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
i just got mine today, i had to go through every single setting to get mine to hook up. Call AppleCare and if its defective, they usually replace the device. Is it a G or N band express router?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBook Pro.
Its not a new airport its about 5 years old and was working fine. Ive went through all the resets. When I came home the network page in system preferances kept popping down with a message saying' your network setting have been changed by another application'. when i click the 'ok' button it would not go away. I removed the airport and but on the new wireless router and set up a new network. All this is working fine but I would love to have my airport back running for my printer etc and not use it foe internet. It just keeps going through the start up sequence. Is it for the bin or can I do something to get it going again?

Cheers ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
ohh
i had that problem last week. Here is a quick fix. put the mouse over the LOCK button, hit "Return" then when the screen goes away quickly hit the lock key. When it locks, close down system prefs, then when you get back into the prefs you wont have that screen, UNLOCK the System Prefs and do what you need to do, then LOCK it upon changes and exit.

I have yet to have the error message pop back up.

That should help that issue. try it and let me know how it goes.

-J

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBook Pro.
seems to have worked ok but the airport express is still not working. Ive just unpluged it completely and will deal with it again sometime. Its bother me to much at the moment to deal with it. Maybe in the mean time i can find out what is wrong with it. Cheers for the help:Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.