Why not windows xp SP1?

Reaction score
I have windows xp service pack 1 on disk but why cant i use it via bootcamp?

And is there any way i can upgrade it to sp2 without having to buy a new disk?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Why can't you use it? Because Bootcamp does not support it, it WILL fail.

Sure, there are tons of pages around the Internet that will happily tell you how to slipstream a service pack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you have a Windows computer handy, then take a look at nLite. What it essentially does is takes the Windows data off of your SP1 disc, combines it with SP2, and then gives you a SP2 disc image. This is what Dysfunction was referring to as slipstreaming.

A neat part about slipstreaming is that you can also add and remove other things. Say there are parts of Windows you don't want installed at all, just remove them. If you want to add in every security patch ever released, you can throw those in there too so that they're installed at the get go instead of having to download all of them after installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yea, I have my license keys slipstreamed as well, along with network settings etc ;) You can do it manually, I've never used any tools, but it'd be nice at times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.