Is this a good trade??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
I saw someone posting a trade on craigslist. Here is what he said..

I am selling a new style macbook pro
Apple - MacBook Pro - 15-inch Features - Aluminum unibody, LED-backlit widescreen display, NVIDIA graphics, Multi-Touch trackpad
Its the 2.4 version.
It's brand new, I would like to sell it for $1700 out the door, or I am willing to trade for a MacBook and an iPhone would prefer the new style of macbook the 2.4 any iPhone G3 okay, doesn't have to be unlocked as I am going to use it with AT&T.
1700 is a good deal they retail for 1,999.00
save about 464 dollars!
Well i have both of them. Do you think it would be worth it to trade my iphone 3g for the bigger screen, bigger gfx card, and bigger Hdd? Plus i need the firewire as well for school and my camera.

Would you guys do the trade if you had the chance?? Or should I just keep it and get a cinema display for 699 which includes the big screen along with the firewire?

Do you guys think this seems legit?? I asked him if he had the box and everything and he said yes.
**EDIT**
He said, instead of giving up my iphone, i will pay him 400 in cash and its mine. So Macbook 2.4 Aluminum + $400, and I can have a Macbook Pro.
Now ive been talking to him and he was willing to give me the serial number and everything.
Also, what measures would i take to check if this laptop was stolen? He says he doesnt like the extra space under the keypad and that he just bought it today.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I personally would buy the cinema display as they are so nice. I would never give up my iPhone.

OP
Luminosity
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
I personally would buy the cinema display as they are so nice. I would never give up my iPhone.
Now he is letting me keep my iphone, only give him 400 in cash and macbook. Now does it seem like a better deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
I would ask to take a look at it in person (if he is close to you), get the Serial number and run it by Apple, if it's stolen, and has been reported to Apple, they would be able to tell you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
if it sounds to good to be true...

it probably is...

besides the macbook is sick.

go with the cinema display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.