Mac OS X screen flashing

Reaction score
Hi,

I have done searches on this problem but can find anything - if anyone could help that would be much appreciated. I am not a techie so please make it very simple :D

My Mac ox is about 4-5 years old, and was running essentially fine, besides a few battery problems.

Just two weeks ago, the screen started flashing and the fan was really loud. I couldnt turn it off. I can turn on the computer but the screen just flashes black with white horizontal lines. Today, after a long break it turned on fine and started loading without the screen flashing. However after 5 minutes the screen turned off and it didnt work again. When the screen flashes and the fan goes very loud I can only turn it off by taking out the battery.

What is wrong with the computer? my problem is that it is old and may not be worth getting repaired. does it sound serious? what do you suggest I do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.