Right decision?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I have my Macbook air SSD, and found a guy who wants to trade his 24" imac 3.6/4G/1T for my MBA, his and mine both Have Applecare, I want a desktop, any issues with that iMac I need to know about?

Reaction score
I have had an issue with the screen making a humming noise. Apple thought it was the fan. But the guy that did the warranty work says that the screen needed to be replaced.

OP
AirAddict
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Thanks, anything else?

Reaction score
An Imac is a laptop on steroids; same hardware and same problems. If you want expandability, drop the cash into a Macpro.

Another option, which works great imo, is to keep the airbook and buy an older G4/G5.

OP
AirAddict
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I love the g4, bought a 20" today will have it by tuesday, I need a desktop to get out of bed more, and stay up as I leave my MBA always plugged in this will be easier.

Reaction score
An Imac is a laptop on steroids; same hardware and same problems. If you want expandability, drop the cash into a Macpro.

Another option, which works great imo, is to keep the airbook and buy an older G4/G5.

I don't know what you're talking about, only similar hardware is the CPU and maybe the mother board.

It has a standard hard drive, video "card", keyboard & mouse. I've had mine a year now and have not a single problem.

If you don't really move your MBA around too much, I would say it's a great trade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
hmm, I never thought about comparing the Air to an iMac, the MBA is a one of a kind ... personally I wouldn't trade, the Air is just so sexy, and I'm always on the run switching around (with a mbp though), but as mentioned, if you never move around it is probably better to have a desktop or something similar (yer I don't rly cound the iMac as a Desktop :D)

as long as you are sure you won't regret your choice and you are satisfied :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.