Span dual monitors on old G4 933 quicksilver?

Reaction score
I have a 933 G4 Power Mac (Quicksilver), bought new in 2002, no upgrades except a second hard drive and 768 SD RAM. I've been using a 19" Dell M991 VGA monitor forever, and I'd now like to add some screen space inexpensively. If I buy an old 17" or 20" Apple Cinema display with an ADC connection, can I just plug it in to the second port and run a spanning dual display using my current setup? Online specs say the CPU has both a VGA and an ADC port, and I'm using the original NVIDIA GeForce4 MX video card.

Will this work? Is there anything more to it, or are any other factors I should be aware of?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
No, you should be good. Just be sure you have the outlet space to plug in both your monitors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
No the second is really easy - just install another video card making sure you use a PCI not PCIe. I am not sure if the Geforce plays nice with others as I had double ATI cards in my 867 and read about others with double Geforce. As was mentioned in the Apple discussion, ATI 9600 or 9800 are gold IMO. THey also have two DVI plugs. Move away from the ADC if you can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.