Unpartition Leopard Problem

Reaction score
I partitioned an imac for windows with bootcamp. Since them I reformatted drives. I'm not using windows anymore but I can't unpartition drives. When I try using bootcamp to unpartition I get the the message that Bootcamp needs to be updated first. I've updated the system and I still get the same message. I'm running OS 10.5.6. Please help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You say you reformatted the drives. Was that before you tried to remove the Boot Camp partition?

If you used the Boot Camp assistant to try to remove the Windows partition and it can't be removed, then your only other choice is to use Disk Utility from your original install media. The problem with doing it that way is the removed partition will not be integrated back into the OS X partition.

It may be best to try a third party solution which can non-destructively repartition your drive. iPartition works well. However, it's not free = $44.95.

Regards.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi,
I did format drive first. Now I've tried to unpartition with bootcamp and get the 'need to update bootcamp first'. My end goal is to integrate both drives into one drive in OS again. Is there any other solution without buying a third party software?

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.