business cards in Pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" 2.4, 4 gig ram, 200gig hd
Here's a dumb question. I have a business card made up in Pages, but it only appears in the first card position in the the template. My view is of 10 cards/page, matching my Avery card stock. How do I copy the card into the other 9 positions? I tried a copy/paste but do I need to manualy create 9 more text boxes first? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Avery business card template (at least the one for MS Word) will automatically print the same information to each card on the stock. Are you using an Avery template or the one which is included with Pages?

If the template itself only shows one card at a time, then you'll have to duplicate the card the same number of times for the card stock. That's a real pain. And yes, you have to create text boxes for each position of the card before copying. You might want to make a test run using a single sheet of normal print paper before using your Avery stock.

Here's the link to the Avery business card template site. You might be able to use one of those templates by converting it to Pages. Not sure it can be done.

Regards.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 15" 2.4, 4 gig ram, 200gig hd
Thanks, I was afraid of that. Oh well, it's not the end of the world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.