windows compatibility

Reaction score
hey people just bought a lacie lightscribe dvd drive from ebay for a very good price of 37 quid but it's only compatible with windows is there any software or firmware that i can change it to mac ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you saying it doesn't work on your mac - and what burning softwaer are you using

OP
A
Reaction score
well no software just the LaCie Portable DVD±RW with LightScribe,Design by Sam Hecht USB 2.0 External DVD±RW 8x Writer and the usb connection

and ive tried downloading the software just dont work, it did said that it was compatible with windows xp/windows vista but i thought i might be able to change the compatibility

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
well no software just the LaCie Portable DVD±RW with LightScribe,Design by Sam Hecht USB 2.0 External DVD±RW 8x Writer and the usb connection

and ive tried downloading the software just dont work, it did said that it was compatible with windows xp/windows vista but i thought i might be able to change the compatibility

It should be fine, although I'm not sure how you would get the Lightscribe feature to work.

What software are you trying to download that "dont work"?

OP
A
Reaction score
well ive looked up how to change the compatibility and it says to go to lacie website and download update tools did that and it don't work, when i plug it in it doesn't even come up on the desktop as an external device,

OP
A
Reaction score
yeah ive done all that and ive got toast titanium 9 but i still dont get why it's not coming up on my desktop as an external device, i tried burning a dvd and playing a dvd through it, correct me if im wrong but when you put a dvd in it should come up on my desktop? but nothing comes up it just sounds like it's trying to read the disk over and over , so im not really sure whats going on with it .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.