MPG-4, MP4, M4V. Non of these will sync to my iPhone

S

satrop

Hi all,

So I a have loads of TV Shows in my iTunes (latest version) ALL are taged properly ALL can be watch in iTunes yet NON not ONE!!! will snyc to my iPhone (2G, latest firmware, Pwned). ALL of my movies WILL sync to my iPhone.

I've looked at the file format of both the films and TV shows. Most film files if not all are .mp4 or .mov. Same for the TV shows. SO what gives? What have I missed? I have thought about using the on board converter in iTunes, but when you have about 1000 TV shows you would like to be able to stick on your iPhone its gonna take a LONG time to convert them all, even with my Mac Pro it took about 30 minuets to convert a hour long show.

I would love to know if anyone else (sorry I do know that many people have this issue) has this problem and if anyone has been able to fix (I have looked around for ages to fix this but I've found nothing that helps me).

Also, I know my phone is Pwoned and I don't want to use a third party app to play TV shows on, I like to have all my media in one spot.

Any and all help would be great!

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It's not just file format, the iPod/iPhone line takes some specific video settings for videos to upload. Compare the bit rates of the movies and the TV shows and see if they match.

What is the source of these TV shows? Did you rip them yourself? Did you "acquire" them? what?

OP
S

satrop

Some of them I have ripped, some of them I just found on the ground I swear officer ;)

I'll take a look at the bit rates tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks for the pointer

OP
S

satrop

OK so I have a look at the bit rates of the films and compared them to the TV shows. All the films are at 127kbps and the TV shows... some are the same and some are not. I tried just dropping in the TV shows that are at 127kbps into there own Playlist and still no joy!

So now I am LOST!!??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Sounds like you need to re-rip or re-convert these shows. Try downloading iSquint or Handbrake (yes, HB now does conversions) and reconvert them for your iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What settings are you using on the Video tab in itunes?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.