Burning & Installing Darwin

Reaction score
Hello!

This might seem like a stupid question but are there anything special needed in order to have a bootable Darwin CD? I've been trying to install it on my iBook G4 but I really can't get anything to work.

The first ISO image I downloaded was the following: Apple - Open Source - Login but I can't get to burn in (tried Disk Utility and Toast 10) every time I get a failure message. I've redownloaded the image 3 times already, just to make sure but still won't burn.

I couldn't find any binaries anywhere else so I took a look at Apple - Darwin - Releases and found a link for Darwin 7.0 binaries. A bit old, but good enough, I could always update later... well I guess not. I burnt the image using Toast, seemed like it worked fine but now the CD won't boot. If I boot my G4 with the CD in and hold 'C' in just waits for a bit while the CD drive is reading then eventually the CD ejects and Leopard boots.

Anyone ever installed Darwin (any tips regarding recent versions would be awesome) on an iBook G4? Any other place I could get recent binaries images?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.