Search Field and Title Field Cursor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I am a person who uses the Search function regularly, if not exhaustively. There, that's my pat on the back O:).]

I get irritated by the fact that the cursor is not already placed in the Search field (nor in the thread Title field I just noticed) when I want to start typing. Most users, I'll wager, stare at their keyboards when typing, so it's annoying to have to lift one's head again just to move the mouse to the relevant field before starting to type. There's a risk of mild whiplash ;D.

I know I can Tab from the Title field to the message pane, but there's nothing like that available in Search.

So Admin, what about having that cursor ready and waiting in the two fields I've mentioned? 'Twould be a fine thing.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yeah, that's a screwy thing. Never have comprehended why when you click on search and it opens the box, you have to grab your mouse to put the cursor in it or tab, tab, tab, tab, tab - at least in Safari - only two tabs in Opera.

It's probably not something all that ez though. Even the latest version of vBulletin does not do that. And the version here is at least 3 years old or so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.