PowerBook G4 battery won't charge and it's not the battery

Reaction score
Hi,

One day recently, my PB G4 just stopped charging the battery. I have no idea why. The battery indicator said "battery not charging" and 0% charge. I got a hold of another battery, which has a partial charge, but still the computer says "battery not charging." SO i know th problem isn't the battery itself.

The computer works fine when plugged in, but it can't be woken up from being asleep. When i try to wake it up, the screen flashes on for a second and i hear the hard drive, but then it goes back to black. I have to shut it down manually then start it up again.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. My battery was slowly dying (300+ charges), so I am not surprised that having not charged it for a week (got a new MacBook Pro recently) the charge is gone. Yet I am also experiencing problems waking the computer even when it is plugged in. Iis there any way to resolve this problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.