HDTV External Display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Blackbook
I am connecting my Blackbook to my Sony 40" 1080P KDL-40V4100 LCD TV. I have a MINI DVI -> HDMI adapter connected to my TV HDMI Port.

I am able to get my macbook to display on my TV at a resolution of 1080P at 16:9 with the menu and dock bars showing properly. I do however have black bars on the left and right side about an inch and a half thick each.

My macbook display properties are showing a connection at 1920 x 1080 at 60hz, while my display is 1280 x 800.

Is this correct for my tv to show these black bars on the left and right side given my dimensions and outputs? Using stretch or any of those options does not correct the issue. Turning off overscan only makes my screen smaller.

Please let me know what yall think.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
It is correct.

My MacBook is connected to my Samsung 1080p tv, same thing happens with me. Took me a while to get the settings correct so the display didn't over scan vertically.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.