need some help with MAIL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.53GHz, C2D, 4G RAM, 250G HDD
I recently upgraded to a new MacBook Pro. Everything went well with the migration from my older MacBook and I seem to only have one minor issue. In MAIL, when I view my received messages, it gives me the entire header string regarding the route, servers, etc. that the message came from. How do I see my messages as previously, when only basic details were displayed, as opposed to the whole history of the messages travels?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz C2D, 2GB RAM
Under the sub-menu View/Message, neither "Long Headers" or "Raw Source" should be selected, as either of those options will show the entire header block. I.e., if you see either "Original Content" or "Default Headers" shown as options in that sub-menu, select them.

(This is with Mail v3.5 (930.3), which I assume is approximately the same version you have since your MBP is new.)

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mystic,

thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, 'long headers' was not selected in the view menu and 'original content' or 'default headers' does not appear to be an option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What version of Mail are you running? Do you see the menu items "Long Headers" and "Raw Source" shown (in that order) at the top of the View/Message sub-menu?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm using the same version as you v3.5 (930.3). the menu shows the 'long header' and 'raw source' options, but I have tried selecting and then deselecting the 'long header' option and nothing happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One other possibility is under "Mail/Preferences". Look in the Viewing pane for a popup button named "Show header detail:". If that is set to "All", it appears to override those menu items. Try setting it to "Default" if it isn't set that way already.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.