swiching to windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Oh come on.. us Californians also say "ya know" after everything... ya know? :) and Im happy to see that you have 'like' in your statement.. that's a big one.. ya know :)

OP
D

Desolate One

Murlyn said:
Oh come on.. us Californians also say "ya know" after everything... ya know? :) and Im happy to see that you have 'like' in your statement.. that's a big one.. ya know :)

My best friend's niece and nephew rail me about saying that all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ok I guess it's not just us Californians.. then again I lived in Washington for many many years, so maybe that is the reason why i do not say "you know". I am sure I have some other interesting word usage though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
dan828 said:
I guess you notice the stuff you didn't grow up with. Being a Texan transplanted into California for the last fifteen years, California speak still makes me laugh. The kids that can't put together a sentance without using "like" or "Hecka" (eg- Are you going to, like, buy that hecka cool computer?) or the plural possesive thats used out here instead of y'all's-- "Youguyses."

So true. Here in Northern California it's hella, not hecka, but the idea is the same. Don't get me started on 'Ebonics' which was pretty much invented in Oakland. :)

-Chris

OP
M

mac_noobie

I don't see many compatibility problems... they have all the productivity software to do the same things you can do on windows... and they do it better.... granted, Unfortunatly quite a few of my friends play Ragnarok Online (and MMORPG). I cant :( ... It's dissapointing but what can I say, the smooth reliable performance of my mac out-weighs one program. I'm trying to get them to switch to world of warcraft ;) .

OP
T

Thud

Amen-Moses said:
Almost, needs another "e". ;)

Actually this reminds me of the time an American tourist stopped in their car and whilst staring at an AA map asked me (imagine a Texas-like accent):

"Do you know the way to Lie-sester-shy-er?".

I nearly pissed my pants.

Amen-Moses

If you come to Atlanta, and talk to any of the locals, and you mention "Ponce De Leon Avenue" (a major road on the east side) they won't know what you're talking about if you pronounce it "correctly."

Down here, you have to pronounce it like an Atlantan. Now, say it with me:
"Pontz duh LEE-on." Got it? Or just say "Pontz" for short.

Also, "Houston Mill Road" is pronounced "How-ston."

Reaction score
well, seeing how im from the carolinas we often say "I reckon" like if you ask "Can I borrow a $1" I would probably say "I reckon" lol just my country boy accent ;) ofcourse im not THAT country like some people are jeez some people talk country so bad its annoying.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
dlisle20 said:
ive used macs for years, ive decided they are rubbish and im fed up with incompatibily im changing back to the good old pc
I am happy you found the best tool for you. Be it an electric screw driver or a regular screw driver. Both get the job done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
This thread died a month ago, why the reserection? Last post before today was 2/8.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dan828 said:
This thread died a month ago, why the reserection? Last post before today was 2/8.
That's a good question. Some things takes on a life of its own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Thud said:
If you come to Atlanta, and talk to any of the locals, and you mention "Ponce De Leon Avenue" (a major road on the east side) they won't know what you're talking about if you pronounce it "correctly."

Down here, you have to pronounce it like an Atlantan. Now, say it with me:
"Pontz duh LEE-on." Got it? Or just say "Pontz" for short.

Also, "Houston Mill Road" is pronounced "How-ston."

That's so true about Ponce. Plus, half of us won't know what you're talking about even if you pronounce it wrong because there's like EIGHT of them, and they go EVERYWHERE.

OP
I

iDVFH.

I'm sorry but New York is the home of ebonics..I'm not surprised they don't have a new program in our schools called Hooked on Ebonics cause if you ever heard the little children these days their mouthes are dirtier than the hands they just put mud on.. :p

P.S. Do people really think were that rude? (=

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DV'SiBOOKG4 said:
I'm sorry but New York is the home of ebonics..I'm not surprised they don't have a new program in our schools called Hooked on Ebonics cause if you ever heard the little children these days their mouthes are dirtier than the hands they just put mud on.
Help me to understand here. As far as I know, ebonics has nothing to do with foul language. Ebonics is more along the line of, dropping words or mashing words together to form new words.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

bofum..(bo-fum) hey sweeties do you want cherry or vanilla? sweetie i want bofum!!
indiciate (in-den-she-8) mommy had two burgers indinciate a bag a chips
i think those are ebomnics....yea bofum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
heh... im a to-be swicher, for these reasons:

1. i dont play games on my PC... my GameCube handels that just fine :bone:
2. i want something that looks good,,, and dosent sound like a vacuum-cleaner
3. i want yummy design :D

just my 52 € cent :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No specs yet
I don't have any use for the UK. The names of their towns have too many syllables.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.