Weird keyboard, sound issues

Reaction score
Last night in the middle of working, my iMac started doing some weird things. The volume up key on the keyboard now brings up Dashboard. The Dashboard button does nothing. The computer now talks to me, reciting every menu and selection I make. It also seems like the currently active spot has a black box around it as a highlight. This happens on files, the red dot, text dialogs, etc.. Other than those anomalies, everything seems to work fine

I have absolutely no idea what I did. I ran an antivirus for grins, but of course found nothing. Even though this feels like I altered some accessibility settings, I can't see how as I was just using Firefox and iTunes at the time. Any ideas?

Reaction score
For the sound try command F5. For the keyboard try System Pref.>Keyboard &Mouse>Keyboard shortcuts tab and try restore defaults or you can change them manually. Hope this helps.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks!

dbnoise - Thanks! That did it. Still have no idea how I messed that up, but obviously I did. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.