AppleWorks - I can't find it. At all.

• Thread starter Extra Terrestri
  • Start date
E

Extra Terrestri

Perhaps some people remember my previous topic about getting the Office programs: in other words, the AppleWorks folder?

Well, I can download everything now, and have reseteed my iBook 3 times and 2 stand-alone installations for all 3 discs (Mac OS X disc 1 and 2, with the Applications and Hardware disc going in last).

Every single program is there and running fine, but the most important folder/program for me, especially considering I'm a student is AppleWorks and after 2 weeks of frustration and calling the Apple Helpline over 10 times, with different people telling me to do the exact same thing over and over - I have given up.

I thought Macs were easy and straight forward with little or no problems to come across, but to not have a program that is esstesional for me is honestly taking the ****.

Any thoughts people once again, or shall I send it back (which is the last thing I want to do)? Plus what is this 'erase and install' option that is part of the installation process? Should that be my last hope?

Thanks.

):-(

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Extra Terrestri said:
Perhaps some people remember my previous topic about getting the Office programs: in other words, the AppleWorks folder?

Well, I can download everything now, and have reseteed my iBook 3 times and 2 stand-alone installations for all 3 discs (Mac OS X disc 1 and 2, with the Applications and Hardware disc going in last).

Every single program is there and running fine, but the most important folder/program for me, especially considering I'm a student is AppleWorks and after 2 weeks of frustration and calling the Apple Helpline over 10 times, with different people telling me to do the exact same thing over and over - I have given up.

I thought Macs were easy and straight forward with little or no problems to come across, but to not have a program that is esstesional for me is honestly taking the ****.

Any thoughts people once again, or shall I send it back (which is the last thing I want to do)? Plus what is this 'erase and install' option that is part of the installation process? Should that be my last hope?

Thanks.

):-(

This is rather peculiar. Are you certain there is no "Appleworks 6" folder in the "Applications" folder?

If not can you describe the discs that came with you system.

For example with my Mini I got single disc labelled "Mac mini Mac OS X Install Disc 1 and Apple Hardware Test" whereas with my iMac I got one labelled "iMac Software Install and Restore".

On the Mini disc there is a "Install Bundled Software Only" package whereas on the iMac one there is "Install Applications & Classic Support".

Does what you have match with any of these or something very similar?

If so double click those and see what happens.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You seem to be struggling and I'm sorry for that. But since you're so new, it sounds as if you need a little in person help figuring things out. Is there an Apple Store near you? Perhaps a visit to the Genius Bar might be helpful so they can help you with your problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
If it's any use at all, Apple Works is under the Classic support option on the discs that came with my Mac.
Archive & Install would be a good way to try it, You don't lose anything, it just puts another (clean) system folder on your Mac. You can delete the"Previous system folder" it makes later.
I don't think AppleWorks is supplied with Pro version Macs though.

OP
E

Extra Terrestri

Thnaks for all your commenst and I shall try each one of them all tomorrow. I just got off work, so finding AppleWorks at 10pm isn't what I want to be doing right now.

*edited*

Amen-Moses, I got three discs in total with my iBook:

Mac OS X disc 1 and 2, plus an applications and hardware disc, which supposely has the AppleWorks on it but doesn't seem to function or gather any source of information to do with AppleWorks.

I'm quite upset by all this really...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I've sent you a private message. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.