Your network settings have been changed...

Reaction score
I'm getting a message every time I open Network in System Preferences saying "Your network settings have been changed by another application". I click OK, and the box goes away and immediately comes back. It means I cannot use the Network part of System Preferences at all, because this message is caught in some kind of loop, and won't go away. Help!!

C :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome to the club! It's a bug issued with a Tiger update, and it's very irritating. If you search this forum, you'll find several references to the problem. I'm still fuming that Apple hasn't issued a fix. We Tiger users must be considered old rags to be discarded (or something). End of rant ... see here:
Apple - Support - Discussions - 'Your network settings have been ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yep hughvane old rags it is and you are to be shortly joined by we PPC G4 and G5 users with the launch of Snow Leopard lol. Maybe with the old rags mob getting bigger, we could ask (or even demand) for our own forum?

Reaction score
"Your network settings have been changed by another application."

My girlfriend's having a problem with her Mac Notebook. When she goes into her network settings, a message pops up saying "Your network settings have been changed by another application." When she tried to click 'ok' to remove that box, it won't go away (well, it does, but pops straight back up). The computer won't let her shut down unless she closes her 'system applications' (which she is unable to do because of the box/message that won't go away) meaning she has to hold down the power button. She can use the other applications, although her connection isn't as fast as what it was before. My Mac, which uses the same connection, seem fine.

Can anyone shed any light? What's going on with that message?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Threads merged.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.