Entourage: addresses

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been forced to use Entourage at work for some years. Always hated it. Slow, unreliable, stupid. Now i've changed jobs and was going to get back to Mail. But ...

I have 3 mail accounts on Entourage: two are straightforward, one is with my old work through Exchange. Decided I would delete this account from Entourage before moving my other accounts onto Mail. So I deleted it. Entourage hung. Now it hangs when I start. Just shows me the splash screen and goes no further. I don't care, except I want my addresses on Entourage back in Mail. How do I get them?

Thanks
Mark

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your response, however, I would rather not get caught up in discussing how or why I consider Entourage 'stupid': it may or may not be 'stupid', that's just my emotional response to continuing problems I have had with it.

If you don't mind, I'm not interested in software 'wars', or discussing the merits or otherwise of particular software; I'm sorry my post seemed to invite a response along the lines of yours. I shouldn't have been so emotional, or got so frustrated.

I want to concentrate on solving the problem I have: how do I get Entourage to start now that it won't, and/or how do I salvage it's Addresses?

Best

OP
M
Reaction score
Clearly my expressed wish to concentrate on the issue, rather than getting involved in a pointless discussion about the merits or demerits of Entourage went down like a lead balloon. I'm sorry my frustration with Entourage and most things Microsoft led me to indulge in an emotional outburst and call Entourage 'stupid'. Obviously, it works a lot of the time for a lot of people. However, it has presented numerous problems to me, wasted much of my time, and overall not been a good thing to have on my computer. Whatever. Anyway, I got it to work again, and got the addresses across to Mail. I even deleted the email account that connected to the Exchange server (the reason I had to use Entourage in the first place) and it works reasonably well now. So glad I came here and got all your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.