Stuck On The Gray Apple Screen - Won't Start

Reaction score
After finally getting my macbook screen fixed after waiting for months, i installed the updates (offical mac updates by clicking the Check For Updates thing)

out of all the updates, one of them, the operating system update for some reason said it couldnt install, then it proceeded to restart the computer automatically. it was accidentally shut off during the shutting down proscess of the restart (the battery is dead and my brother pulled out the power cord) and now it's stuck at the gray apple screen on the startup thing. what can cause this? it was working fine just a few minutes ago, is there anything i can do? or is this normal for mac's to do this right after being updated?:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
I don't know if this will do anything but you could try resetting your PRAM.

Hold down Command, Option, P, and R on boot-up. It might help because I could of sworn I heard this advice given to someone with a non-booting machine. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0Ghz Dual Core 2, 3 Gb ram
Do you have Applecare? Something similar happened to our computer and we called Applecare and they walked us through it and our computer's been fine since. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
and I used to laugh at those warnings not to turn the computer off during updates and stuff ... guess accidents happen and it ain't pretty :(

can you boot from the install disk and maybe run a system check?

or just run a repair installation so you don't loose all your data

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.