Hilarious Mac Mini Review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
"the recent release of the bold, innovative and affordable G4 Cube...oops I mean the Mac mini."

Hehehe :headphone

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
My goodness, the dood is so .... DUMB? Uninformed? No Defragmenter? Try Built into the OS and Automatic. Mail sux? No, it's way more stable and secure than Outlook Express could ever be. No browser but IE and it's not in the DOCK! Did he even click on Safari?

Amazing. Very funny though and thank you to the OP for posting this! Made me laugh! A very good thing. :D

Reaction score
You thought that was funny? Satire? Sounds more like to me a pronouncement right out of Redmond...Kind of like "Linux and open source are a cancer..."

Could not have been more biased, and was mostly lies and half truths. His main complaint was the mini would not run Xp. Far as i am concerned that is one of its biggest features and a great reason to buy it. He spends most of his time de bugging, defragging and de lousing his wonderful Xp... some one should tell the jerk that with OS X you don't have to do that, you can actually spend that time working/playing with it.

I went over to a friends house last night and spent 3 hours de lousing his pc trying to get it to run. Darn thing had 300 spy prgs on it. He uses dial up for the internet and seldom even gets on...how many do you thing are hiding in your Mac?

As far as Safari not liking the msn site, gee wonder why, could it possibly be that it was written by some Ms clone using ie and written specifically so that anyone using something other than ie would not look right? A favorite Ms trick i might add...

A sad time when some biased idiot can write a so called review (spelled hatchet job) so full of bias and half truths and be considered "funny and satire", much less any where near intelligent.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Yep, the satire was far too subtle for the average reader. ;)

Amen-Moses

OP
J

jbsengineer

Amen-Moses said:
Yep, the satire was far too subtle for the average reader. ;)

Amen-Moses

ya. i have to admit the first time i read it i was upset. but then i read it again. and took keen notice to the last paragraph:

"So is the mini a maxi value? For me, clearly, no. When I consider that a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to "switch" to a Mac at this time. But will Apple's famous marketing team be able to sell the the emperor an invisible computer anyway and turn the mini into a maxi hit? That’s the question that remains to be answered."

Josh

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I checked out the site and everything there is like that so I guess they are going for the Satire. BUT there are so many real Mac Haters out there that say almost the same junk, I am sure many will take most of it serious and believe it. I still say it's funny even when I took it wrong.

OP
G

gdestiny

yes, if you read the last paragraph, then you know that review is pure satire. i bit over-the-top though. i'm a dualie and i never to have run AV, disk frag, spyware, etc. on a daily basis. that's why they have auto-update, you know...

OP
J

jbsengineer

gdestiny said:
yes, if you read the last paragraph, then you know that review is pure satire. i bit over-the-top though. i'm a dualie and i never to have run AV, disk frag, spyware, etc. on a daily basis. that's why they have auto-update, you know...

i dont either. but it really depends on the user. i mean i know what sites not to go to. and what not to click on. the clients in our department always seem to click on the pop-ups that says ""click here you may be infected - download this clean tool" and boom. there machine needs to be rebuilt...

as for me. i keep the windows update on automatic. secure myself behind a cheap hardware firewall and I have yet to get infected in years. minus a little spyware.

Josh

OP
M

Morrigan

I'm definitely emailing this guy. I think he's a total jerk - he is misinformed and this review is the first hit on a google search. Meaning thousands of people who are interested in the Mac Mini will read this bull****!

What a knob though; he reckons that Apple said the Mac Mini is the size of a pack of gum. I think he's just a very confused consumer. HELLO! THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT THE iPOD SHUFFLE!

I'll post my email, when I do it, and any subsequent replies here if I can... This guy needs to go DOWN.

OP
G

gdestiny

Morrigan said:
I'm definitely emailing this guy. I think he's a total jerk - he is misinformed and this review is the first hit on a google search. Meaning thousands of people who are interested in the Mac Mini will read this bull****!

What a knob though; he reckons that Apple said the Mac Mini is the size of a pack of gum. I think he's just a very confused consumer. HELLO! THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT THE iPOD SHUFFLE!

I'll post my email, when I do it, and any subsequent replies here if I can... This guy needs to go DOWN.
don't bother. he is trolling. if you read the LAST paragraph of his "review" then you can see he's actually slamming PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
LMAO. If you read this and found yourself getting angry, you need to lighten up.

" ... but if someone doesn’t depend on emailing their coworkers vbscripts like I do, they might be able to get by with it"

AHAHAHAHAHA

OP
T

Tiranis

Oh my god, guys, cheer up :D He's just joking... and well it seemed funny to me... I would even believe that this guy runs Mac at home in real life... ;)

OP
T

Tiranis

If you think so then you must be ...., sorry, but first check out the site (all articles are like this) and then say something... moreover some of his comments are just hillarious, like the one with vb script... :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.