iPhone speaker volume

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
My dad got an iPhone 3G yesterday but he's got a problem. Whenever he talks to someone, the speaker isn't loud enough. He has heard the same problem from one of his staff members who has one too.

Is there a way to make this any louder (and don't say keep clicking the rocker lol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4ghz Aluminum
i've heard people who've poked holes through the speakers to get a small vent going for soundflow, but there's been mixed reviews on that.. some say it got louder a little bit, while some say there was no difference.. however, not sure if your dad is willing to poke holes through the screen..

a lot of iphones also has speaker problems where one side doesn't work.. mine is like that unfortunately, but i think the speaker is still fine..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Could also be a defective unit mine is plenty loud for a phone anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHz iPhone 8GB iPod video 60GB iPod Nano 4GB
i've heard people who've poked holes through the speakers to get a small vent going for soundflow, but there's been mixed reviews on that.. some say it got louder a little bit, while some say there was no difference.. however, not sure if your dad is willing to poke holes through the screen..

a lot of iphones also has speaker problems where one side doesn't work.. mine is like that unfortunately, but i think the speaker is still fine..

Thought the iPhone had the speaker on the left side and the mic on the right???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
The call speaker (top one) is a little faint at some times, but most cell phones are. Do the ol' plug the other ear and you should hear it loud and clear.

As for any crazy "putting holes in your phone" modifications I would strong suggest you dont do that... for many obvious reasons.

Lastly the bottom speakers only have one speaker, and it is on the left. The other side is your mic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.