Parallels Desktop 4.0 + Gears of War help!

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering I have Parallels Desktop 4.0 installed on my new MacBook (2.4GHz). I have xp professional installed, and I want to play Gears of War on it, how many CPU should I use 1 or 2 and what is the ideal memory (RAM) to run the game. Do I have enough RAM? I would really appreciate the help, have been trying to play gears since Xmas.

Max

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Doesn't matter how many resources you throw at it, games simply don't run well in a virtualized environment, more so with Parallels (at least Fusion supports DirectX). Also, Gears of War is a very resource intensive game, the integrated graphics of the Macbook is a serious limiting factor.

If you want to play games, install Windows via Boot Camp.

Reaction score
The reason is that the virtual machines do not (yet) support hardware acceleration; plus if your MacBook has the GMA X3100 integrated graphics chipset, it is starting out behind the 8-ball as it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Actually, Fusion supports hardware acceleration. It's not very good, but it's better than nothing.

Reaction score
Edit: My mistake. It does support acceleration but in a limited way. Not sure why the Aero glass effects don't work but based on quick research, it appears to be no driver support as of yet.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.