syncing mobile me with entourage 2008

Reaction score
hello there!!

im having a problem syncing my mobile me email address with microsoft entourage!! basically i can get the mail coming in, but when it come to receiving mail i get a message saying " Quit and restart Entourage. If this problem continues you might need to verify and rebuild the Entourage database." A message in your Outbox could not be sent. The account which created the message cannot be found." and its (error 17199)... ive tried everything and cant work it out!! please please can anyone help me, it would be well appreciated.. :)

Reaction score
Hi,

Are you not able to send email out through Entourage at all? Check to make sure your SMTP settings are correct for your account. Who is your ISP provider? I had the same problem and found out that my ISP blocked the SMTP port. So I had to change the settings in Entourage to point to a different port and that solved the problem. I had the issue with Comcast and apparently so did a lot of other people.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.